Entertainment/Business Legal Affairs
Tangent Animation is the vision of Animation and Film Production industry professionals, with combined experience that encompasses CG Animation, Live Action Film Production, Visual Effects, and Software Development. Tangent Animation employs open source solutions to create high quality animated feature films. What sets us apart from many other studios is our use of Blender, an open source software to make our animated films. We are scouting for the best talent and most enthusiastic people who are eager to join our amazing team!
- Collecting required information and documentation for various funds and tax credit programs
- Preparing and submitting funding applications and interim financing deliverables (TT)
- Preparing and submitting federal and provincial tax credit applications, including compiling and/or creating, as necessary, any required documentation and forms
- Remain up-to-date on relevant film, television, and new media business and legal issues and customs and practices to ensure ongoing ability to provide sound business and legal advice
- Overseeing the creation and implementation of, and maintaining, a system for tracking executed agreements, including option and other expiry dates; precedents; name, likeness and biography obligations; credit, publicity and promotion obligations; all other contractual obligations; and, tracking all of the foregoing through a contracts management database
- Drafting offers, deal memos and long-form agreements, with input from Entertainment’s Development and Production Teams, including writer, creator and other talent agreements, and, working closely with the respective agents/lawyers to expedite the closing of such agreements
- Oversee and be responsible of all business affairs and tax credit (& related) deliverables to clients, tax credit authorities, funders, etc.
- Oversee Chain of Title, maintain clear rights & assignments.
- Other duties as assigned
- Legal and business affairs department or law firm experience
- Extensive knowledge of the Canadian entertainment industry
- Ability to multitask on several projects at once
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated commitment to privacy and ethical conduct
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to provide real-time reporting to clients and management
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally with clients by phone, Skype and email
- Great company culture, with a team that is very technically proficient, highly motivated & excited to work on projects that will change the industry
- Competitive health and dental benefits
- Casual dress-code
Tangent Animation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.