Tangent Animation is the vision of Animation and Film Production industry professionals, with combined experience that encompasses CG Animation, Live Action Film Production, Visual Effects, and Software Development. Tangent Animation employs open source solutions to create high quality animated feature films. What sets us apart from many other studios is our use of Blender, an open source software to make our animated films. We are scouting for the best talent and enthusiastic people who are eager to join our amazing team!
Following our recent success with "Next Gen" (now on Netflix), Tangent Animation is expanding and looking for 3D Rigger. If you are seeking to be a part of an exciting project and team-based environment, we’d love to hear from you.
- Build rigs for characters, props, sets, and the works
- Work closely with all asset and shot departments to ensure assets move smoothly through the production pipeline
- Collaborate with design, modelling, and animation teams to build robust, animation-friendly, light rigs
- Have an understanding of mesh flow and work closely with modelling team to assess asset topology and provide notes as needed
- Attend asset launches and rig reviews
- Follow rigging standards for assets going to the floor
- Has experience rigging in a 3D software like Maya, though existing Blender knowledge is a huge bonus
- Has experience building character rigs, as well as various prop rigs
- Is willing to take on new challenges and has an appetite for learning, researching and developing
- Has excellent communication, time management, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Is willing to learn new tools, software and has the ability and desire to pass knowledge along to others
- Is team oriented and has a strong desire for collaborative participation in a team-based pipeline across different geographic locations
- Is able to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrives under the pressure of tight deadlines during crunch times
- Embraces naming conventions, tidy outliners, and prides themselves on their attention to detail
Preferred software experience:
- Prior Blender knowledge is a bonus
- Knowledge of python to automate tasks is a bonus
But ultimately, we're looking for individuals with positive attitude, pleasant personality and an insatiable thirst to rig!
Please include portfolios/demo reels and resume with your application.
- Great company culture, with a team that is very technically proficient, highly motivated & excited to work on projects that will change the industry
- Competitive health and dental benefits
- Casual dress-code
Tangent Animation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.